The Dr Andrew R Belch Myeloma Education and Enriched Training (MEET) Grant
Myeloma Canada is proud to announce the establishment of a new grant exclusively for young Canadian myeloma investigators: The Dr Andrew R Belch Myeloma Education and Enriched Training (MEET) Grant.
The grant has been created to help foster the development as well as support the participation of young Canadian myeloma investigators at either the 2019 International Myeloma Workshop (IMW, Sept 12-15, 2019, Boston, MA) or the 2019 American Society of Hematology Conference (ASH, Dec 7-10, 2019 Orlando, FL).
A total of 6 MEET grants of CDN $4,000 each will be awarded. The grants are to be used exclusively to cover conference registration fees, travel and lodging for either IMW 2019 OR ASH 2019.
Dr Andrew Belch
The MEET grant has been created in recognition of the outstanding life-time achievements of Dr Andrew Belch in the field of multiple myeloma as well as his lifelong mentoring of young researchers.
Dr Belch has been an active supporter of Myeloma Canada and the Myeloma Canada Research Network (MCRN) since their inception, including having served as Chair of the Myeloma Canada Scientific Advisory Board.
To be eligible, applicants must:
• submit an abstract that is clinically directed, or clinically relevant for Canadian myeloma patients and must be selected for oral or poster presentation at IMW 2019 or ASH 2019;
• be 35 years of age or younger at the time of application;
• hold a PhD, MD, or equivalent medical degree;
• be currently enrolled in a Canadian residency program in the field of myeloma, with the intention of specializing in myeloma in Canada;
• be the primary author on the submitted abstract;
• be able to attend the conference, in person, to present their abstract;
• submit a completed application form to Myeloma Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 1, 2019: IMW 2019 Conference
- August 1, 2019: ASH 2019 Conference
Please note: only email applications will be accepted.