15th Anniversary Fund-sharing Campaign
What is the 2023 Myeloma Canada fund-sharing partnership program?
In addition to our ongoing annual national research grant programs, we’re pleased to offer Canadian cancer research centres with qualifying projects* the opportunity to apply for a local myeloma research grant. This new grant will be funded by up to 50% of the net proceeds from the Multiple Myeloma March nearest their centre!
How will it work?
- Research centres are invited to apply to Myeloma Canada to partner in the Multiple Myeloma March nearest their centre, fundraise and have the opportunity to receive a fund-shared research grant of up to 50% of the net proceeds of that specific March.
- Applications must be made by the local hospital foundation and be received between March 1 and April 15, 2023 only. Only applications made through the fund-sharing application portal will be considered. Although applications can be made solely by the hospital foundation, we encourage you to share this information with your doctor for an opportunity to apply. (Click here for complete information on the grant.)
- One project per community is eligible to receive funding from the fund-sharing research grant program. Any and all applications from one or multiple centres aligned with one specific local March will be reviewed by an independent review committee to determine the project to receive the grant.
- It is important to note that not all centres/projects will qualify to apply, and that’s okay! The purpose of this program is to help increase funding at the local and national level and encourage as much research as possible.
- The qualifying level of funds raised to be eligible to receive a fund-sharing grant is $15,000. A fund-sharing model offers the incentive to reach new fundraising heights. In a nutshell, the more we raise, the more we invest in research both locally and nationally, it’s a win-win for everyone!
- Once a local project is selected, that local centre will partner with Myeloma Canada to co-promote their local Multiple Myeloma March to their community.
- As always, Myeloma Canada will manage all logistics, planning, and hosting requirements of the event, however volunteers from the local centres are absolutely welcome and encouraged!
- Percentages of fund-sharing research grants allotted will be calculated by net proceeds of each event.
Register now! Let’s celebrate 15 years of walking the walk to make myeloma matter with our exciting new fund-sharing research program!
To further celebrate the work of our brilliant Canadian researchers, we’re catapulting our research investments for 2023 with a new and exciting 15th anniversary research fund-sharing partnership program.